Okay, with flash coming to the Droid and Android 2.1 platform, I am curious how well Evony and Evony Age II will work on it. However, until then I am satisfied with a new, and fun, empire building game for the Android Platform. What is it called? Pocket Empires.
Pocket Empires is a fun little empire game in the vein of Evony. You build a kingdom, raise your army, build resources, etc. The touch interface works really well, and you will find that you are able to do a LOT. The graphics in the game are big, so it is easy to see everything, but maybe a tad to big? There isn’t really any sound effects, but I don’t find that necessary. Overall, it is a fun experience.
If you would like to give it a whirl. Here is some information on the game.
Gameply features include:
- Over 10 unique structures to build your city
- Over 30 different creatures to be recruited or captured
- Over 40 techs & 50 items to enhance your power
- Huge map you and other players conquer
- Ongoing game updates with even more content
- Global Top 100 player board, Titles and more
- Very in-depth gameplay
- Actual interactivity as opposed to the typical browser style MMO’s available with buildings and monsters
- The graphics are fairly nice as well with some animation of monsters on the open map
- Overall responsiveness of the game and menus is pretty fast
- No shortage of other players already
- Lots of reports available from fights/raiding and overall economic statistics
- Long gameplay
- Lots of bonuses that can be purchased with gems
- Aside from the opening music track (which seems slightly distorted) there’s no sound effects unless you get mail or a report
- If you aren’t used to this type of time based gaming, you’ll probably find the game play slow after awhile, especially when building take 3-4 hours to be built
- Some server connection problems (not sure if it was on my end or not)
- More free player slots needed as one country is already full
- If you don’t refer people to the game, you’ll run out of 100 gems quick and there’s no current option to buy gems.
As you can see from the Screen Shot, the game is actually pretty good looking. Scrolling around in the game is pretty easy. Clicking on building squares is simple, and brings up the structure list. To build a structure, you simply select it, and viola! Instant building.
Like Evony, each structure and upgrade takes a set amount of time to complete. You have mana, and can use that to speed up the process to finish instantly. Mana replenishes one point per hour. So using it wisely, but don’t worry about it never refilling.
If you want to get into the actioin, use my referral code: 70m2. This will give you 100 gems to start off the game, plus I get a kick back of gems as well. Gems are used in the shop to purchase potions, spells, and other items to help you out in the game. It is a great idea, and works really well. Again, a lot like Evony.
Folks, don’t pass up this great FREE game. I highly recommend it for the casual, and hardcore, gamer for their Android device. If you want to download it, just click the QR Code here.